Director Registration (Corporate)
From Riverview Legal Group
Corporations Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.38
300 (1) A corporation shall cause the following documents and registers to be kept:
- 1. A copy of the letters patent and of any supplementary letters patent issued to the corporation and of the memorandum of agreement, if any, or, if incorporated by special Act, a copy of the Act.
- 2. All by-laws and special resolutions of the corporation.
- 3. A register of shareholders or members in which are set out the names alphabetically arranged of all persons who are shareholders or members or have been within ten years shareholders or members of the corporation and the address of every such person while a shareholder or member and, in the case of a company, in which are set out also the number and class of shares held by each shareholder and the amounts paid up and remaining unpaid on their respective shares.
- 4. A register of directors in which are set out the names and addresses of all persons who are or have been directors of the corporation with the several dates on which each became or ceased to be a director.
- 5. A register of ownership interests in land complying with section 300.1. R.S.O. 1990, c. C.38, s. 300; 2004, c. 19, s. 10 (5); 2015, c. 38, Sched. 7, s. 47 (1).
Business Corporations Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. B.16
140 (1) A corporation shall prepare and maintain, at its registered office or at such other place in Ontario designated by the directors,
- (a) the articles and the by-laws and all amendments thereto, and a copy of any unanimous shareholder agreement known to the directors;
- (b) minutes of meetings and resolutions of shareholders;
- (c) a register of directors in which are set out the names and residence addresses, while directors, including the street and number, if any, and an e-mail address if one is provided, of all persons who are or have been directors of the corporation with the several dates on which each became or ceased to be a director;
- (d) a securities register complying with section 141; and
- (e) a register of ownership interests in land complying with section 140.1. R.S.O. 1990, c. B.16, s. 140 (1); 2015, c. 38, Sched. 7, s. 44 (2); 2019, c. 7, Sched. 6, s. 1.